Keeping Our Park Safe!
The primary problem at the park is motor vehicle burglary. This type of theft occurs when valuables are left in an automobile, often in plain sight. It only takes a minute to break a window, grab the contents, and be gone! The best prevention for this type of crime is to leave your valuables at home!
Doing Your Part To Keep Our Park Safe
- Be alert to your surroundings. Know where you are. The lake map can help.
- Be aware of the White Rock Lake trail mile markers so you know your location. Reporting the mile marker number in an emergency enables emergency vehicles to find your quickly.
- Take your cell phone with you when you are at the Park; don't hesitate to call 911 if something looks suspicious! They want you to call.. that's what 911 is for!
- Alone + Isolated = Opportunity. If you are alone on the trail, rethink wearing headphones.
- If you feel uncomfortable on the more wooded, isolated portions of the trail, exercise with a friend. It's more fun that way!
- Don't leave valuables in your car! Lock it and take the key!
- Keep up with the crime stats. The Public Safety Line has the latest information.
- Call the White Rock Lake Public Information Line on a regular basis to keep informed!